Sunday 26 February 2017

Task 1A Completed CV for my Professional Blog Profile


I am happy to present my final CV - which I rewrote from scratch - eradicating any unnecessary information or credits. I learnt that colour was a nice addition to a professional CV - however, I decided against the slightly elementary shade of purple in my first draft. I opted for a deeper purple, which I believe portrays a more professional quality. I remarked that CVs which were easy to read and laid out efficiently were the most appealing.

I prioritised my skillset to how I wish to be portrayed as a performer. I kept everything concise. I added in relevant information which I didn't have when first designing my old CV (i.e. Spotlight & Equity numbers and agent info). Finally, I was strict on the cut off dates for my credits. I didn't list every single school production I've been involved in - I went for quality rather than quantity (until they inevitably become on par... :P)

I am posting this CV on my professional blog profile so as my work on this is now linked entirely with my professional practice. Everything I post relates to myself as a professional actor and I am content to present myself online to show development of my professional practice - combining both my study of the practice and the professional work I do.


I also decided to make a black and white option (as sometimes I don't have the luxury of coloured ink). I think this comes across more or less as effective as the coloured option and it will more than suffice for those times when I need to print out a CV quick.


No comments:

Post a Comment