Saturday 18 February 2017

The Vaults Festival

This week I went to see my friend in a play called 'Blood & Bone' in The Vaults. It was part of The Vaults Festival.
Submerged in the urban setting of the Waterloo outskirts - The Vaults is an incredible maze of creative communities.
'Blood & Bone' incorporated puppetry into a surreal yet scarily current feast for the eyes and ears.
I think what most appealed to me about the show was the self-devised and exciting aspect of it. It oozed actors having fun and I genuinely got a lot of pleasure from seeing this. Acting is playing and sometimes we can lose the essence of this.



The Vaults exuded a creative buzz the other night - full of young creatives, actors, directors and writers looking for new material to develop.
It proved one thing to me - We can make our own work.

I think people are sometimes too scared to create their own work in case it fails.

'Even if I do fall on my face I know it's not the end of the world and at least I tried to do something different'
- Dave Franco

No comments:

Post a Comment