Wednesday 15 February 2017

Task 1b - Web 2.0 - A Forum to Further my Online Presentation



The benefits of communicating on Blogs with fellow performers has come to light very early on in the course. After posting about my screen reel, I received useful advice from blogger Lauren Nicole Harper. She mentioned the benefits of them and how having 'a showreel to send has either produced a job for [her] without having to audition or has helped speed up the audition process.'
This is encouraging for me to hear as it means the work I put into my screen reel is potentially incredibly beneficial.
She linked me the website https://www.starnow.com/help/14/ which had some really useful tips on showreels. It also made me feel reassured that my first screen reel was more or less on the right track in terms of the guidelines
The guidelines on the website included:





  • Keep the showreel around three minutes in length.
  • Only include substantial roles (no extras roles) and edit tightly around your scenes.
  • Demonstrate your versatility.
  • Do not include gimmicks like 'You are about to meet the next big star!'.
  • Include your name and contact details at the beginning and / or end of the showreel.
  • Think about using a montage at the start of your showreel to quickly show a range of your work.
  • 1 comment:

    1. I think this is so true about Showreels! I have spent hours upon hours editing my showreel, getting various opinions from different friends on what they think works and doesn't work.

      I read somewhere that Casting Directors make their decision within the first 7 seconds of watching a showreel whether to switch off or to carry on watching!

      ReplyDelete