Friday 10 February 2017

Twitter - a spectrum of free professional advertisement

https://twitter.com/eleanor__byrne


I remember actually being advised at drama school to use my Twitter account as a professional and networking device.


This does not need to be misinterpreted as over-formalising your Twitter, and beginning every Tweet with a Shakespearian quote... It simply means being yourself and airing personal opinions, whilst simultaneously concentrating on Tweeting about subjects linked to your profession. For example, if I see a production and I really like it - I will compose a short Tweet to virtually verbalise my appreciation. I will also Tweet about productions or events which I am involved in.


Twitter is also a useful platform to see what shows are being cast. By following casting directors / agents you can get public insight into jobs or projects you would like to attend or be involved in.


Most recently I have used my Twitter as a platform to share my Blog. If anybody happens to stumble across my Blog and find some points which they somewhat agree with or can relate to; then that would be pretty cool. I like discussing what I do with people who do something similar - this way I can validate some of the theories and mantras in my mind as being somewhat sane. Although I'm not so sure if that's a good thing because at the end of the day - who wants to be sane in an insane world?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ella, I too was advised to create professional accounts or pages on several social media platforms when I was at drama school. I've found my professional twitter account so useful for communicating with other professionals and keeping up to date with upcoming events. I've also really enjoyed reading through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica - that's cool to hear that other drama schools were also promoting the same thing, so I am not too far off the mark! I think of all the social media platforms - Twitter is without a doubt the best for networking / keeping up to date with events, do you think so? Thank you, looking forward to sharing more ideas and opinions with you

    ReplyDelete