Friday 10 February 2017

Task 1d: Inspiration Board


I believe my blogs will begin to reveal my love of a good, meaningful quote - quotes which I have read in various magazines / interviews / books which have stuck with me. Various quotes strike a chord with me when I can relate to them. Somehow I feel less alone in this crazy acting industry and realise that many people have been through the same predicaments that I have. However, I don't solely harbour 'acting' quotes; I particularly like to get a good quote about life from an actor. Just to prove that there is a bigger picture in life and we can all have our own views - we are not robots.

The picture above is an 'Inspiration Board' which I created about a year ago. It remains on my wall no matter which over-priced, London flat-share I find myself in. I keep it in viewing distance to remind me why exactly I am setting out in a career in acting. It includes quotes from many people I admire, not all necessarily actors. I like taking snippets of different people's mantras and incorporating them into my own form of thinking. The Inspiration Board body is made up of diverse people from Stevie Nicks to Joe Wicks; Eva Mendes to Oscar Wilde; Shia LaBeouf to Sara Sampaio and Joseph Gordon Levitt to Saoirse Ronan.

They all have one thing in common - I can either relate to them; or be inspired by them.

Prepare for a healthy dosage of these quotations I have gathered throughout my blogs and to help back my insight into the Professional Practice that is acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment