Sunday 26 February 2017

Using Web 2.0 in Teaching - Task 1b idea


Yesterday I taught two contemporary workshops. I decided to utilise Web 2.0 as a tool to aid my teaching. I used the forum of YouTube to show the classes Sia's video for 'The Greatest' and encouraged them afterwards to discuss what emotions / storylines they thought were conveyed throughout the footage. It was enlightening to listen to 8-12 year olds commenting insightfully about the footage they had just watched. I learnt that Web 2.0 can open portals to aid teaching and to encourage creative juices to flow. The workshops ensued with recreating our own versions of the video and group-devising sections of the choreography. The results from the classes were utterly incredible and I will definitely be using this method of teaching again. Web 2.0 as a tool for teaching can be effective and visually inspiring for children.

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou for sharing this experience Eleanor. It is an interesting idea to base a class around and a great use of a tool. This is something I will consider for a future lesson plan.

    Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I had properly done it, Lauren - and honestly the response from the kids was incredible!
      Eleanor

      Delete