Tuesday 24 October 2017

Ethics within my Professional Practice

When considering the ethics which revolve around my professional practice - I composed a rough list that consisted of:

  • Honesty with actors when you are providing them with a filming service
  • The cost of Spotlight UK self tape service compared to Spotlight Ireland
  • The level of self promotion on social media - the personal and professional distinction becomes blurred
  • Nudity clauses in the audition process
Furthermore, whilst discussing 'ethical considerations' at the campus session last week - it dawned on me that we make ethical considerations daily. They don't have to be soemthing of a mystery. Here are a few ethical considerations I noted surrounding the area of my line of inquiry (appearance, self-tape auditions, film industry) -

  • What qualifies as professional maintenance rather than vanity?
  • Is the use of social media a safe method to promote yourself professionally?
  • Making assumptions about people
  • Ageism within the film industry - are we judged on our playing age? 
  • Is self taping a true reflection of oneself?
  • Did I consider nudity clauses within an audition brief?
With ethical considerations we are guided to form a valid opinion based on the thought and facts we have done / gathered surrounding the consideration. Throughout the study of module 2 I hope to form opinions on these areas of ethical considerations, along with accumulating more.
My notes on ethics in my reflective journal

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eleanor,
    I completely agree that we make ethical considerations daily. It is something I think we often do without even realising.
    After reading through reader 5 it is now something I think we will all be more aware of in everyday life. I am a big believer than your personal ethics have a massive impact on your professional ethics?!
    What do you think to this?
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsty,
      Thanks for your comment as it helped me to go on in my study and have a closer look at the personal ethics Vs professional ethics - which I have discussed further in my latest blog! I think there is a fine line between the two - so therefore they definitely reflect each other.
      Eleanor

      Delete