Friday 20 October 2017

Amsterdam - A City of Cultural Enhancement

This is a definition of film according to Mr. Wim J.A. van Roosmaten

It was interesting to see the rise in popularity in film

'Digitization is changing everything' - filming equipment in our pockets - Apple Inc., 2008


Amsterdam is so full of major cultural hubs and research centres. During a 3 night stay there recently, I managed to fit in many a museum. Even walking around the streets, enriched with a sense of history, was enough of an experience.




One museum in particular related to my practice - the EYE Film Museum (a short FREE ferry trip from beside Amsterdam Central station). This museum displayed the history of film genres alongside the development of filming technology. Perhaps one bulletin of info which related to my practice most was the section on the 'Smartphone'. This states how 'Today everybody carries around a complete film industry in their pocket' - which is exactly how I use my personal iPhone for my professional self-taping.




The museum was simultaneously a refresher as to why I love the screen industry so much. I watched snippets of old classics alongside newer films, including various European films... It just confirmed for me that there is a universal language in film.




https://www.eyefilm.nl/en

No comments:

Post a Comment