Friday 20 October 2017

Campus Session 20/10/17

Today's campus session was a lightbulb moment for me. I haven't had a lot of these so far on the course - I think everything I read / explore leads to a certain point and I realised that point today.


Adesola furthered my understanding of the all important 'Inquiry'... She stressed that we must focus on what would be useful to me. In other words - a specific area. This alone urged me to decide on one specific area that all my areas of research and past blogs had been pointing towards.


I guess I had forgotten that I have to get something out of this inquiry. It has to be relevant to me and a process which I go through.


From this I have begun to brainstorm ideas of wording my inquiry. I know it is going to be about the Importance of Appearance in the Screen Acting Industry. That is a big step for me.

2 comments:

  1. That’s fab, Eleanor. And such an interesting topic to look into because the acting industry is all about self image. At Drama School teachers used to say to me ‘it’s not personal.’

    Well...I think it is! To a certain extent. You are your own instrument and professionals analyse your personal features for roles!

    Good luck with the research into this. I will be looking at your future blogs to see your findings!

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emma,
      Glad you think this is a decent / relevant topic to focus on - I really value the opinions of people in this professional practice. To hear this from you is heartening as I was stuck in a rut for a while as to what route to take in particular.
      Will be looking forward to following your progress too and hoping drawing on some inspiration from your work ethic too.
      Eleanor

      Delete