Tuesday 20 February 2018

Group Discussion 20/02/18 - Refining what I need from Literature studies

Within my feedback I learnt that there is a high importance of linking literature to my practice. It is vital to gain clarification of themes already validated in literature.
Today in the Skype discussion with Helen, she referred to the literature reviews as a map to the field of research within our topics. Once we have read over a spectrum of various literature sources, it then gives us the opportunity to outline and refine our questions surrounding our topic. These questions I develop make my inquiry unique to me.
It is also important to recognise a body of voices and link different opinions within literature. During my literature studies I have been focusing on biographies of established actors (e.g. Joan Crawford, Vivien Leigh and Ingrid Bergman). This gives my research an opinion-based, personal approach. To compliment this direction I have also drawn from modern articles from industry professionals aligned with specific acts from actors' unions to add a theorised basis to my work. This gives a 3 dimensional quality to our work.
- I plan to sift through the literature I have studied over the last 2 modules, as well as scanning through old notes I have made on literature in my reflective journal, in order to make sense of the themes, questions and theories in my inquiry topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment