Thursday 14 September 2017

British Urban Film Festival

British Urban Film Festival

Since finishing Module 1, I have been staying proactive in different ways - but always based around my professional practice. The summer has given me the opportunity to focus on the practical side of the professional practice of acting.
Last Wednesday (07-09-2017) I had the pleasure of being part of a live script reading of one of three plays for The Urban Film Festival at the BT Tower London.
It was hosted by the actor Wil Johnson. I played the character of Bryne in 'Sara White and the Seven Socialites' written by Sinitta Monero. It was the debut performance of this original piece and it felt special to be part of it. This performance was following merely one rehearsal. This short rehearsal period meant that we had to pull together with integrity and energy.
It was apparent that the playwrights had so much passion for their work. The female playwrights were an inspiration to me. During the Q&A afterwards they talked about the importance of simply writing. If you have an idea - write it. It was truly fascinating to hear their backgrounds and how they got into writing and, furthermore, how they discovered writing could be pursued as a career. They made it clear that you can be a writer AND actor simultaneously. As an actor who has tried a dab hand at writing before - this experience has encouraged me to pick up the pen again.
What better time for this realisation as module 2 of BAPP approaches? I feel refreshed and ready to put my ideas / thoughts / realisations to paper. As far as I am aware, this module will feature a lot more blogging (YAY!) and planning of our inquiry. These tasks incorporates skills I use in my creative writing. I am hoping that writing my own material alongside Module two's tasks; this will benefit the overall results and achievements I experience throughout.
http://www.britishurbanfilmfestival.co.uk/readings-masterclasses/

1 comment:

  1. การที่คุณจะเข้าถึงการเดิมพันออนไลน์ได้ คุณจะต้องมีทางเข้าไม่เช่นนั้นคุณจะไม่สามารถเข้าถึงรูปแบบการเดิมพันได้แม้ว่าคุณจะมีเงินหรือมีรหัสผ่านเป็นของตนเอง https://www.sbobetkhao.com/www-pic5678-con/

    ReplyDelete