Sunday 24 September 2017

Getting Lit...(eratured)


Yesterday I was very excited to receive two books which I had ordered off Amazon.co.uk to get my relevant reading back on track. I have decided to look outside of the box. I have chosen books about topics that interest me and could potentially be useful research towards my inquiry subject. 'Women & Experimental Filmmaking' (edited by Jean Petrolle & Virginia Wright Wexman) alongside 'Joan Crawford - Not the Girl Next Door' (by Charlotte Chandler) popped through my letter box on Saturday and I am itching to sink my teeth into some new literature. I think having books about topics of personal interest encourage productive reading to morph into leisure reading.
Also on the way is 'Irish National Cinema' by Ruth Barton, a history of the film industry in Ireland.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eleanor
    All books I would love to read also. Reading for pleasure as well as academic research is also a good way to help us decide what to chose for the enquiry as it does not only show us what has been written but also what hasn't been asked to any effect yet.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you end up reading any of them - let me know your thoughts! I am trundling through the Joan Crawford one on holiday - she had a fascinating life and a truly brilliant mindset. Eleanor

      Delete