Tuesday 17 April 2018

Skype Discussion: 17/04/2018 - Inquiry Themes aid the Artefact


I have been roughly planning and brainstorming ideas for my artefact. In today's Skype with fellow current module threes, the essence of the artefact became clearer. It has to display the account of the inquiry. This means it is not about my findings but about the process.
Themes that stayed with me through my inquiry, or emerged from it, can inform my artefact.

In line with my audio-visual artefact, I am going to start associating the themes formed within my inquiry to influence what I choose to portray in the "silent self-tapes". I have chosen to keep them silent to avoid the trap of relaying verbally the process of my inquiry. Instead, I want the self-tapes to convey a bigger picture of my inquiry and to use visuals effectively.

Self-tapes are a forum that is highly recognisable to people within my practice. Therefore, this lent to my decision to create self-tapes as my artefact.

No comments:

Post a Comment