Wednesday 11 April 2018

‘The Artefact’

Yesterday I attended the campus session in Middlesex university. There was a mix of module 1, 2 and 3s who attended the session. This proved useful when we began to form a ‘Glossary’ with words and phrases common within the BAPP and MAPP modules.

The Artefact can be described quite simply as ‘a thing’. Instead of leaving me confused about this mysterious concept - I left the campus session with a reassured sense of what it is I am expected to do
regarding the artefact. It is a thing that represents what it is I have found or discovered on the journey of my inquiry.

Post analysis I began to see clearly what my artefact ought to be, according to me and how to portray what I have found to my community of practice. I have used the practice of self-taping and referred to it throughout my inquiry. Therefore, it seemed fit to use a self-tape of me as my artefact. I began to sketch and jot down some plans for this in my notebook.

3 comments:

  1. Thankyou for this Eleanor. The artefact is something I was wishing to discuss in the next group Skype in terms of its role and outcome.

    Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Eleanor, I was just about to blog about this as it’s been holding me back for a few days now!
    Hoping to also discuss it in the next Skype.

    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would hope to expand more on the topic of the artefact and the oral presentation during our next Skype. It is really just tying everything up now that is becoming essential within the inquiry journey.
      Eleanor x

      Delete