Thursday 2 November 2017

Skype 31/10/2017 - Finding out what YOU want from it

The Skype last Tuesday with BAPP students from various modules and Adesola was a stepping stone on my journey towards constructing my submissions for module 2.
We discussed the importance of finding something out when it comes to the inquiry. It was stressed that the process was important, rather than the question. This opened my eyes up to what exactly it is I want to achieve - my objectives.
Prior to the Skype session I had begun a rough Inquiry Plan. Following the session, I was able to fill in more of the gaps - i.e. stronger objectives of what I want to find out and how I am going to go about finding them out.
Starting to plan my Inquiry - one step at a time!
I guess in 12 weeks I want to find out how other people have experienced the focus or lack of focus on personal appearance within the acting industry. Including how their headshots have affected the course of their career i.e. getting seen for certain auditions or new headshots affecting their path. The reason why I want to find this out (what I can gain from the inquiry):
  • An insight into how much casting directors take appearance into consideration
  • Potential functional use of my inquiry results which I can apply to my professional practice in order to promote myself in an appropriate manner which may lead to more auditions / success
  • Tips from certain studies (i.e. pilot observations) which I can apply to my own promotion



2 comments:

  1. I really like your concepts for your inquiry. Our industry more than any other is looks driven. Shouldn't we see having a great face and body is one of our tools just as academics use their knowledge as one of theirs or do we feel we need to qualify ourselves so we seem serious and not vain and vacuous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete