Wednesday 8 November 2017

Campus Session 07/11/17 - Inquiry Plan Analysis (6c)

Yesterday I attended the campus session at Middlesex Uni. It was a very small group which it made it an accessible session in terms of understanding certain aspects of the up and coming inquiry.
The main thing I took away from this campus session was right now for module 2 - the focus is on planning and analysis.
Any interviews or tools of inquiry we plan to proceed with - we need to have a clear idea on what we will do with the results. For fear of being biased with the results - it is generally recommended to base your analysis on a professional's work with a similar topic. That way you can outline your series of analysis and almost use a formula to make clear and unbiased observations on the results accumulated from the interviews.
It is acceptable to obtain a narrative form of data (where your analysis includes parallels between you and other people's analysis). However, for my interview process I think it will be wise and effective for me to analyse my results using literature and comparisons.
After the campus session, everything was entirely fresh in my mind and I went directly to the campus library in order to tie up a few strings which I had left loose prior to the session. I had a rough plan started - as well as a start on my critical reflection for module 2 - however I now had the tools to complete a first draft in order to gain feedback over the next few weeks. I know my first draft is not perfect - but I know the areas in which I need to concentrate on particularly.
It is an exciting notion to think I will be getting something from my study. The inquiry is so interrelated with my practice that it would be impossible for me to ignore the results and observations I make from it.
I have written in my inquiry plan what I want to get out of the process...

"Professionally, I plan to utilise the outcomes to potentially help the development of my acting career, by using any results to relate to my practice. I hope to use the discoveries within the inquiry to apply to my audition technique and emphasis I place on personal appearance in future experiences in order to achieve greater success in the acting industry. I plan to use the information from the possible outcomes to study my professional practice from an outsider's point of view. I also plan to question whether the outcomes fall in line with what I deem as morally acceptable."

5 comments:

  1. Hi Eleanor,
    I didn't get to the campus session but Emily updated me yesterday evening to catch me up.
    Its clear to see that the work is coming together nicely and you have a clear vision of where you are heading.
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eleanor, I thought about your Enquiry question whilst reading Equity's Winter Magazine!

    The Article was called "Facing Facts" by Eunice Olumide. It's about modelling, but I thought it might be useful? If you haven't already seen it of course...

    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt! How funny you should say this - the magazine arrived through the door today and I have set it aside to read, with my inquiry in mind! Now that you have said this I am going to read it right away to see can I draw from anything within the article. Thanks a mil!
      Eleanor

      Delete
  3. Hi Eleanor, It was great meeting with you at the campus session last week. I came away with similar ideas in terms of planning and analysis. I realised how essential it is to decide how you will use and analyse the data before selecting the tools to collect it.

    ReplyDelete