Thursday 16 March 2017

Task 2a: Reflective Practice


My Reflective Journal


Pages in my Reflective Journal
Task 2a asks us to explore the use of a reflective journal and to do so in a format appropriate to my needs. I have been using a reflective journal casually since the beginning of this course - to jot down thoughts and ideas or events during the day to later put into blogs or else just to record material for my own future use or reflection. However, now in part 2 of the course I plan to expand the effectiveness of my use of the journal.
So far I have been writing all of my thoughts. Since my Skype session on Part 2 of the course with Paula & Amanda, I am interested in incorporating visual aspects into my journal. This will potentially make reading over it in the future easier to pick out the relevant information I may need to validate a point in my essay. 
After all, visual-spatial intelligence (Gardner, 1983) is a wholly valid form of learning.

I aim to try and write in my journal each evening / morning (depending on work hours) and keep in touch with my analysis of every day's events. 

Gardner, Howard (1983) Frames of Mind the Theory of Multiple Intelligences, New York: Basic Books

1 comment: