Sunday 23 April 2017

Critical Reflection

My Critical Reflection - Page 1, Draft 1


The past week I have been entirely caught up with exactly what I want to do - a never-ending stream of audition self-tapes. It has been quite an interesting test for me. I had to perform different script sides for various TV or film jobs. These sides required a range of accents - South-Dublin, Jersey City, general American and standard RP - all in the one week. There was also the smattering of some classic musical theatre singing thrown in last week. The process of learning lines in a short space of time and translating that into a meaningful performance has been a great learning curve for me. I
counted my blessings that had I completed and submitted my draft 1 early. Otherwise, I imagine I would have struggled because my professional practice has picked up recently. In my line of work - I believe busy is good.
I received incredibly helpful feedback from my tutor Adesola regarding draft 1 of my Critical Reflection. She outlined some basic essay writing corrections -
- Name on every page
- Page numbers
- Bibliography as an extension to the essay document - all part of the one submission.


On a more in-depth scale - she pointed out that the Critical Reflection is not a study of Web 2.0 - but rather an evaluation of my learning. This has encouraged me to view my draft 2 as a study of my discovery of identity during module 1 and focus more on that.


Writing this blog has really helped to clear my mind. I find that when I put what I need to do into writing - it makes it a lot easier to put my corrections into practice. I have now strategically outlined where I need to go with draft 2 so it is just a matter of penning my realisations and amendments down.

1 comment: