Saturday 8 April 2017

Correlation Between Sharing Blogs on Social Media & the Level of Views on my Blogs

Bar Chart displaying number of views on blogs. Those shared on both Facebook & Twitter received the most views.
 I had the idea to use a bar chart to visualise the information I have gathered and analysed regarding the number of views on my blogs in correlation with those of which I shared on social media. I wanted to visualise this idea to aid my critical reflection which I am currently working on.
Green for blogs shared both on Twitter & Facebook; Pale blue for those shared on Twitter and Dark blue for those shared on Facebook
I colour coded the blogs with those I shared on TWITTER, FACEBOOK or BOTH TWITTER & FACEBOOK. This helped me separate my information in order for me to analyse it in relation to the numbers of the views on the bar chart. It was brazenly clear that those shared on both Twitter and Facebook had the most views - i.e. 'Screen Reel', 'Task 1c: Visual Audio' and 'The Art of the In-Between'. I concluded from this that our communities of practice on Web 2.0 forums can enhance our cyber voice. They can also offer input by simply viewing the information shared. People would not have viewed my blog had they not initially been vaguely interested in the content.
This led to me regarding the importance of short and snappy captions / descriptions. Nowadays, in our fast-paced world, people lose interest very easily. Nobody has the time to read an essay on their newsfeed. 
Were the visuals included in my blogs shared on social media a contributing factor to the level of views? My professional practice of acting is a relatively visual industry in some ways - for example, the first thing a casting director will generally look at is my headshot. This proves to me the relevance of making a blog look visually enticing on social media.
Planning the data for my bar chart page 1
Planning the data for my bar chart page 2


5 comments:

  1. This is really interesting, just goes to show how effective social media is for sharing information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been meaning to properly study the result of the views for a while now. I had briefly glanced at the number of views but I hadn't realised just how significant the results were!

      Delete
  2. Such a good idea. The power of social media is crazy and this just proves it! a great way to collaborate and create new ideas with others outside of the course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so interesting, it just goes to show how much time we as a society now spend online. Thanks for sharing Eleanor, I might even give this ago myself! It's also a really nice way of putting your studies into real life situations (just like you have done with the 'reflection in use' blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. words and pictures form now on with communication online - as well as audio-visual - but "seeing comes before words" ...http://waysofseeingwaysofseeing.com/ways-of-seeing-john-berger-5.7.pdf

    ReplyDelete